The Mendocino County Public Broadcasting Board of Directors is pleased to announce the results of the 2018 board election and the new board members who will fill the six available seats on the nine-member board.
Two at-large seats were up for election, with seats going to the top two vote-getters.
- Bob Bushansky -- elected to board with 439 votes
- Renee Vinyard -- elected to board with 430 votes
- Bob Vaughan -- 263 votes
- Bruce Anderson -- 116 votes
Supervisorial District 2 (Ukiah) had one candidate running uncontested.
- Dina Polkinghorne -- elected to board with 591 votes
Supervisorial District 3 (Willits, Laytonville) had two candidates.
- David Hulse-Stephens -- elected to board with 500 votes
- Pat Kovner -- 171 votes
Supervisorial District 5 (Anderson Valley, Mid- and South Coast, Hopland) had two candidates.
- Tom Dow -- elected to board with 319 votes
- Len Tischler -- 287 votes
The Programmer seat, elected from among KZYX programmers, had one candidate running uncontested.
- Jerry Karp -- elected to board
The newly elected board members will be seated at the board meeting and the annual festive celebration of the past year’s many accomplishments to be held at 6 p.m. on Monday May 14, 2018, at the Redwood Coast Senior Center in Fort Bragg, home of the new KZYX coast studio. The new board will elect the executive committee and appoint committee chairpersons at that meeting.
Voting took place by mail during March and the results were tabulated and certified by an independent accountant, PJ Nielsen Notary Public in Boonville. The election featured each of the candidates’ statements on the KZYX.org website as well as an archived broadcast of the candidates’ forum attended by all of the candidates, which was aired live on March 5, 2018, over the KZYX airwaves and can be heard at KZYX.org. We thank all of the candidates and the many members who participated and voted in this important exercise of station democracy and board governance.
Once the newly elected members are seated, the full board will comprise the following:
- John Azzaro, at-large member and current acting president
- Jonathan Middlebrook, District 1 member (Redwood Valley, Potter Valley)
- Dina Polkinghorne, District 2 member (Ukiah)
- David Hulse-Stephens, District 3 member (Willits, Laytonville)
- Aspen Logan, District 4 member (Fort Bragg, North Coast)
- Tom Dow, District 5 member (Anderson Valley, Mid- and South Coast, Hopland)
- Bob Bushansky, at-large member
- Renee Vinyard, at-large member
- Jerry Karp, programmer member
Congratulations to all! Promoting Community Through Public Radio!
Ed Keller, board election coordinator
Jeffrey Parker, general manager