Welcome to our new Public Service Announcement (PSA) site, now titled "Events Calendar." We’ve completely overhauled the listings on the KZYX website, and we’ve simplified the submission process. In short, it has more information and it’s easier to use. And you can submit your event anytime. The quick instructions are here followed by a FAQ section.
Submitting an event:
1. Click on the “Events Calendar” link in the "Events" drop-down window on the KZYX website.
2. Find the link “Submit A New event”.(left side of page).
3. Enter as much information as you can. DO NOT MAKE "CALLS TO ACTION" OR USE SUPERLATIVE LANGUAGE. SUCH THINGS CANNOT BE READ OVER THE AIR. JUST FACTUALLY DESCRIBE THE EVENT.
4. Note, all sections with a red prompt are required fields. Your event cannot be processed without the information for Event Title, Event Category, Event Start Date, Event Start Time, Event End Time, Venue Name, City, State, Zip, Submitted By, Your Name, Your Email Address.
5. When complete press the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
6. You can now choose to “Go Back & Edit” (correct the event) or press “Approve” to submit.
7. Once you’ve pressed “Approve” it notifies us to check your submission and add it to the website. It will usually appear on the site within 48 hours, but please keep in mind that some submissions need to be edited for their content (see item #3 above).
NOTE: you must have "cookies" enabled on your web browser in order to post a submission. Go to either preferences, tools, options , etc (depends on what browser you use) and turn them on. You can turn them back off afterwards if you prefer. But you have to enable them for this function.
Looking for an Event
1. You can scroll through all of the events, or
2. you can select a specific time period from the calendar on the right, or
3. you can select a specific type of event that interests you.
What events can be posted?
Any event taking place within our listening area, essentially the counties of Mendocino, Sonoma, Lake, and Humboldt.
Who can submit an event?
Anyone can post an event but no event will be accepted if there is no contact information.
When can an event be submitted?
Events can be submitted at any time of day, and as far in the future as our calendar will allow. If you want your item read over the air by Beth Lang on her Community Calendar, you need to post your submission two weeks before. The earlier the better! And indeed, you can post events far in advance of their date.
How are events categorized?
You should select the best category that most closely defines your event. From time to time KZYX will increase the available categories to keep the calendar as inclusive as possible.
What happens if the time or date change, or the event is cancelled?
Is there a deadline for submissions?
No, submissions can be made anytime as the calendar is available 24/7.
Will my event be displayed immediately?
No. We will review the event and approve it, usually within 48 hours, though we can't guarantee it. The earlier the submission the more time it will be displayed.
If I’m looking for an event, what words should I place in the search box?
Select a word that is most relevant to the event you’re looking for. For example, typing the word “lighthouse” might find an event at Point Cabrillo, or typing “carol” might find Christmas-oriented events.
Why do I need to give the street address, zip code, and website for an event?
The more detailed information you provide, the easier it will be for interested people to find your event.
What is the “Add to my Calendar” link?
If your computer has a calendar application, the link on the event page may be able to place event information into your personal calendar (subject to compatibility.)